Treatments for gum disease are best started sooner, not later.
That’s why seeing your Define Dental dentist or hygienist for regular preventive treatment is so important.
Gum disease, or periodontitis, can seriously impact your overall health and wellbeing. It can also involve a significant cost to treat if left too long before action is taken. The tricky part about gum disease, is we often don’t realise how advanced it is until it’s too late.
Obvious signs of gum disease are:
- Bleeding gums at any time, such as when you’re brushing or flossing
- Gum shrinkage exposing parts of the teeth not usually visible
- Loose or shifting teeth
- Continuing bad breath or an 'off' taste in the mouth
- Swollen gums or abscesses on gums or between teeth
The good news is, gum disease is completely avoidable if you maintain good oral hygiene. On the flipside, treatment for gum disease is not as easy.
Been thinking it’s time for your regular dental hygiene visit and check up? Come see us soon and talk about how we can help, including managing the cost associated with gum disease treatment.
We implement a range of treatment solutions, including:
- Scaling and root planing
- Re-shaping and replacement of fillings
- Antibiotic treatment
- Specific oral hygiene instructions to help control gum disease
Identifying, treating and managing gum disease is a team effort that involves both you and us. We will work with you to establish oral hygiene habits that are manageable and effective, with this program started at your regular hygiene visit.
If you’re in any doubt about the health of your gums, an appointment with a Define Dental dentist or hygienist can give you peace of mind.