It’s not hard for us to define who our patients are.
We’ve been providing excellent care to them on the Gold Coast for over six decades!
Infection Control and Safety – Coronavirus 21.3.2020
Your health & safety is our primary concern and has always been our number one priority as we continue to provide you with the high-quality dental care you have come to expect from us here at Define Dental.
You’ll be aware that at Define Dental we’ve always had the most rigorous infection control protocols to protect you and our team. As members of the Australian Dental Association (ADA) for decades and one of the first practices on the Gold Coast to be independently accredited we have tirelessly continued on with that quality assurance. This means you can rest assured our safety, hygiene and infection control protocols and practices are world class and have been independently assessed to not only meet but exceed the standards set by the ADA, National Health & Medical Research Council and the Dental Board of Australia.
Our team are highly trained on infection prevention and control. The entire team is fully vaccinated and kept up to date on all additional precautions necessary in light of the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure a safe and hygienic environment for all.
To ensure the safe practice of dentistry all recommendations by the ADA and Chief Health Officer have been implemented and we are also bound by decisions made by the Dental Board of Australia and the Queensland Government, Department of Health.
What this means for you
We have made changes to the premises such as the recent investment in a completely new air-conditioning system to optimise air flow, ventilation and improve the air quality within Define Dental.
In addition to behind-the-scenes protocols such as a risk management plan in response to COVID-19 and the implementation of vaccination policies for our team, you will notice some changes like:
- Signage to enhance respiratory hygiene and social distancing;
- The social distancing of chairs in our reception area;
- The removal of high-touch items such as magazines & toys to reduce surface exposure and touch-points;
- We’re staggering appointment times to minimise the number of people who may be present in our reception area at any given time;
- Extra environmental cleaning protocols being carried out to common areas as well as treatment rooms;
- The adoption of protocols to reduce viral loads & saliva being aerosolised such as pre-procedural mouth rinse, the use of dental dam and high-volume evacuation.
In order minimise the spread of Covid-19 and to best protect you and our team members we courteously ask all visitors to:
- Complete the screening protocol as directed by our reception team prior to visiting Define Dental;
- Check In on arrival using the QR code for the Qld Government Check In app;
- Carry out hand sanitisation with the facilities provided on entry and exit to our office;
- Wear masks when entering Define Dental. Please note, this is not only for your own protection, but also for that of others.
- If you wish, you may notify us when you arrive for your appointment and wait in your car. When ready, we can phone you to enter the office and escort you straight into the treatment room which has been prepared especially for you.
We respectfully ask patients not to visit our office if they have:
- Been feeling unwell;
- Had any symptoms within the last 3 days of:
- Fever or temperature
- Sore throat, cough or shortness of breath
- Runny/stuffy nose or other respiratory symptoms
- Loss of smell or taste
- Been asked to quarantine or self-isolate for any reason
- Had any contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
For patients experiencing a dental issue who cannot attend due to the above circumstance, please phone us and we will focus on managing pain immediately and organise a future appointment for you. This may require us to work with your general practitioner for high level analgesia and/or antibiotics.
We are here at your service, if you have any questions or concerns please contact one of our friendly receptionists on 55972100 so we can assist you.